Paxton First Schoolhouse
The Paxton First Schoolhouse, located at 406 E. Franklin St., is the oldest remaining building in Paxton, Illinois. Built in 1856-57, the building served as the first school in Paxton. It was also used as a church and a meeting hall by many of Paxton's early settlers. The school moved to a new building in the 1860s, and the First Schoolhouse became a private residence.
Discussion
Share notes, corrections, or add local knowledge. Text · Images · Videos · Links.


